Friday 27 December 2013

Reeling in the Year - Autumn/Winter


September
In September I moved into my new student abode in Inchicore, where Fitzy, Sam, Sean and I continue to live in domestic bliss. I was tickled pink by the old fashioned fireplace in my bedroom. After a year in grey, impersonal student halls, this was a serious improvement. Prior to this, Shannon, Sorcha and I made the trip down to Wexford to stay at Shannon’s family holiday home on the beach. We even went for a swim and nearly got hypothermia and died. I also had to learn to cope with two 9am land law lectures, and knuckle down (or at least appear to be knuckling down) in order to give my request to be sent to Berlin on Erasmus more weight.

Freshers' week

On the beach in Wexford

Party over here


October
I turned twenty, threw my first house party with my new housemates, and found out that I would in fact be going to Berlin on Erasmus in September 2014! James Vincent McMorrow played a gig in the chapel in Trinity in aid of mental health week, a gig which Ruairí and I were lucky enough to attend. Words always fail me when attempting to describe it; it was really something special. Charles, our French friend from Berlin paid Dublin a visit and stayed Chez Moi. On Halloween, I dressed up as an asparagus by painting myself green and wearing green clothing, and saw a rat in my local Tesco in Inchicore.

Gorilla, Asparagus and Someone Famous

November
Absolutely nothing comes to mind when I think of November, which is worrying as it was just last month. I mostly remember feeling frazzled, exhausted, and emotionally drained, but a German class trip to Belfast offered a brief reprieve from all that. Belfast is a fun city.

Law n German on tour

Belfast City Hall and me

December

Christmas jumpers and an endless stream of “Twelve Pubs of Christmas” pub crawl invitations on Facebook. Nuff said. London Grammar with Kieran and Thomas in the Academy, Law and German’s Christmas dinner spearheaded by the wonderful Annie for which I made pavlova, a lovely quiet Christmas with family, and a visit from Sorcha and Shannon whom I eagerly await as I type this. 

Melon starter

No comments:

Post a Comment